Nowt & Cross(es) ⭕️❌
10 runners ran 2.6km to help the Adelaide Care Home in Bexley.
- Monday, 2nd of September 2019
- Led by Sarah Lee
- Well Done to Emmanuel for running his 50th Good Deed tonight! Great achievement!
- Congrats to Luke for running a Bexley parkrun PB on Saturday, knocking a whopping 3+ minutes off his time! Great pacing by Sean.
- Well done to Martin for reaching 250 parkruns on Saturday at Greenwich parkrun.
- Massive GoodGym Bexley welcome to Sara We hope you enjoyed your first run. It's not every week we get to play games and eat cake!
- There are a few Community Missions coming up in Bexley. Make sure you check them out here
- GoodGyms 10th Birthday is just around the corner. We will be celebrating after our Monday night task at Danson Stables. Find out more and sign up here
- There is a quiz night being held by one of our task owners in September. If you are interested check it out here We can try and organise a team or 2. The money raised will go towards the Chirstmas lights along Welling High Street.
Tonight we met inside Crook Log Leisure Centre. Everyone was busy catching up on the last week, discussing parkruns and welcoming our new member! As we moved outside, ready for our warm up we did a quick headcount and congratulated Emmanuel on his 50th Good Deed.
We had a group of runners and a group of walkers heading to tonights task. The runners took a slightly longer route and the walkers a more direct route. It was perfect timing as we all arrived at pretty much the same time. Upon arrival, it became clear that no-one at the task knew we were coming and there was actually no task for us to do 😕
After putting on our thinking hats we came up with a back-up plan.
We all made our way back to Crook Log where we played a fun and absolutely, in no way competitive game of Noughts and Crosses. We split into 2 teams which unintentionally happened to be boys vs girls. We renamed the noughts, angels and crosses, devils. The aim was for each runner in the team to sprint to the board first to lay their piece before the other team; whoever gets there first stands a better chance of winning. After a few clear wins from the noughts, we had a shuffle up of teams and after a few more rounds where things got a bit messy. We decided to call it a day when we saw, what looked like a bat, start dive bombing around us and that it was time for some celebratory cake. 🦇
We made our way to the indoor cafe inside the leisure centre onto some comfy sofas to enjoy the cake.
Until next time. Happy running 🏃🏻♀️
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Help with checking Document of runner for DBS check
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance