Good Thymes in the allotment
13 runners ran 2.8km to help the Derrys Fiels Allotments in Woking.
- Wednesday, 11th of September 2019
- Led by Nicholas Frost
WOKING GG NEWS
- A big welcome to Sarah who joined us for her first Group Run Experience... we hope you enjoyed yourself and we see you back for some more goodness.
- Barbara and George blessed us with their company last night. Both have been members since the very beginning and since moving home we have missed their support and company.
- Anne is BACK! Anne has been away on her Summer Hols in France for the whole of August and she has been truly missed!
- Hayley joined us last night, it may have been almost a year since her last group run - but she was back and doing good!!
- A big Good Luck again to Owen who is running again this weekend in his half marathon for Macmillan.
LAST NIGHT AT GOODGYM
Last Night we met at Woking Leisure Center, we were heading off to the GG allotment to give it a tidy. We had a nice group size last night with the usual members, plus new and some oldies.
Last night we had to re edge the allotment - Owen did a smashing job edging (it wasn't wonky at all ;) ) we has weeding to do at the front of allotment and a big tidy job to do at the back of the allotment. It looks so much better but we will be back to have fire to get rid of the unwanted plants and weeds. This will be at the end of October and we will incorporate into a GG group run. We have big plans for allotment for next spring and if you have any vegetables you are keen to grow and try then please let us know!
Rhubarb was given out last night to members and Rebecca was on Blackberry duty - we look forward to what she bakes up for next week!!
We are at the RSPCA - remember please meet up the RSPCA in CHOBHAM.
Report written by Holly
Discuss this report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Helping the Community
Led by Nicholas Frost
Woking Leisure Centre
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance
Know a community organisation who needs help?
If you're a community organisation and have a physical task then we'd like to help.