Broomin' wet 🧹☔️
11 runners ran 1.4km to help the Danson Youth Centre in Bexley.
- Monday, 30th of September 2019
- Led by Sarah Lee
- Well Done Matt for completing 50 Good Deeds tonight! Great work!
- There will be a Quiz Night at Danson Youth Centre on Saturday 12th October. Let us know if you can make it here
- On Saturday we will be at Bexley parkrun to celebrate 15 years of parkrun as well as my 100th parkrun. There will be cake! Hope to see you there.
- Next week we will be at Adelaide Care Home for our group run.
The rain and wet weather didn't dampen the spirit of GoodGym Bexley when 12 runners met at Crook Log tonight!
We welcomed 2 new members, James and Ellenie. It was great to have you with us and we hope you enjoyed your first GoodGym!
As it was raining and our task venue was literally next door, we went on a short run around the block to fit our run in and not get too wet.
We dodged puddles
Upon arrival we met Joy who loaded us with the tools needed to attend to the back garden.
We were cutting, trimming, sweeping and tidying leaves. Just as we were getting right stuck in, the rain started coming down harder. We decided that we had to abandon the task and get some shelter.
It is the first time that the rain has really affected our task but we packed away all the tools and made our way back to Crook Log.
I hope everyone has dried out! Next week we should hopefully be inside!
Until next time...
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Share the love
Join us on the next run
RUN / WALK TO ADELAIDE CARE HOME 🏃🏼♀️🏃♂️🏃🏼♀️🏃♂️
Monday 18:45 - 20:30
Led by Tim Dickson
Crook Log Leisure Centre
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance
Good Deeds done
Help GoodGym hit its target of 8000 good deeds and 100000km in January - let's make it happen!