Black window spider 🕷
10 runners ran 3.0km to help their local community in Bexley.
- Monday, 14th of October 2019
- Led by Sarah Lee
- It's the Bexley parkrun x GoodGym takeover this Saturday! If you want to help volunteer or pace you can find out more here
- Our GoodGym quiz team came 2nd on Saturday night with only 1 point between us. The event raised over £700 for the Danson Youth Trust. The next event will be in March! Maybe next time we can get 1st place 🥇
As the day went on, the rain got heavier. This didn't stop the hardcore runners coming out tonight for a bit of GoodGym action!
There were 10 of us gathered at Crook Log ready for a run and good deed! With the wet weather and darker evening, we were heading to our task next door! The runners still put in a run, up to the Co-op and back which turns out to be about 3km. The walking group took the quicker route across the car park and straight to the The Learning and Enterprise College Bexley to avoid getting overly wet and to prepare the task for the runners return.
We filled the buckets with cleaner and loaded ourselves with window polish and cloths ready for the runners. The rain had stopped and we had prepared some of the windows ready to be polished.
Very quickly the windows were gleaming - we think... 👀
We had a quick litter pick of the carpark before heading back to Crook Log.
Great work tonight team!
For those coming to the parkrun takeover, we will see you then...
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
RUN / WALK TO GREENWICH & BEXLEY HOSPICE SHOP WELLING
Monday 6:45pm - 8:30pm
Led by Tim Dickson
Crook Log Leisure Centre
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance