a 'wet' bootcamp
8 runners ran 2.9km to help their local community in Woking.
- Wednesday, 4th of March 2020
- Led by Nicholas Frost
GG News Lots of good lucks and well dones this week!!
- Myself and James took on the Brutal last weekend - it was VERY muddy and wet. James came 16th in the 5km and myself won the female 10km.
- This weekend is the Surrey Half Marathon - with many members taking on the roads of Woking. A big good luck to Owen, James and Adam... if I have forgotten anyone please let me know.
- Also to Anne who is volunteering at the event - she will be at the finish line handing out your goodie bags and maybe you medal if they arrive on time.
last Night at GG
Last night 7 members met at the Woking leisure centre - in true fashion, James 2 mins late....and Tom making James not look so late arrived just after. Adam took us out for a different route to the food bank - with everyone enjoying the nice steep climb! Once arrived at the Foodbank we were met by Rosemary who let us get on with our duties. It was perfect team work with everyone getting on with their role of hoovering and moping up.
As the weather was gloomy we had a night with a difference... we set off with a gentle jog to the local pub. A big thank you to Tom and James for getting the round of drinks.
After a drink with a chat we set off in our different directions back home.
Next week We are meeting at the WWF carpark for a night at church!
Report written by Holly
Discuss this report
Led by Nicholas Frost
GoodGym Woking Trainer
Runners helping out
Make sure that no one is left behind
Take photos for the run report
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt