GoodGym volunteers love to help out community organisations and charities in Brent. They run to provide free volunteering time for tasks which benefit where they live.
We sort donations, clean areas and pack boxes
We do gardening and most outdoor tasks
We move furniture or other heavy items
How it works
GoodGym is a registered charity with lots of friendly runners who like to keep fit and help people. We stop off on our runs to help community projects with practical tasks.
Our tasks are carried out by volunteers so you don't have to pay.
GoodGym volunteers receive a full health and safety briefing.
GoodGym volunteers are available every week and turn up on time.
Tasks we help with
- Moving heavy items
- Tidying and organising
- Sorting donations
Tasks we cannot help with
- Tasks requiring power tools
- Tasks requiring specific training
When submitting a task we will ask for
- Details of any hazards at the task
- How many people you require
- How long you feel the task will take
To see reports from recent group runs please click here
We enjoy working with GoodGym and would like to keep working with them for as long as possible! They have helped with cutting off the grass, planting flowers, ploughing the flower beds, litter picking and many other tasks. The runners are very passionate about their work which makes the results look effortless.
I just wanted to say a big thank you for clearing our pond area on Wednesday evening. It has helped us out a great deal and it will make a big difference to the children's learning as they can access their pond area once again
Frequently asked questions
- How much does it cost?
- It's free - GoodGym tasks are performed by our volunteers and do not expect payment for their time.
- How do I get started?
- All you need to do is sign up and provide the organisation's details and we'll be in touch to organise a task to help them.
- What sort of tasks are possible?
- Our volunteers are not professional tradesmen, so we're not able to do certain tasks such as: advanced painting, felling trees, putting up complex furniture.