GoodGym is looking for a new Chair of Trustees
Help guide and support GoodGym over the next few years
June 01, 2023
GoodGym is an award winning charity that connects exercise with volunteering and, through undertaking good deeds for lonely older people and communities, creates positivity, meaningful connections and a sense of belonging.
We operate in 60 urban locations and our 22,000 members have completed over 300K good deeds todate. Our impact has been shown to be significant: our work improves community cohesion, reduces loneliness and improves wellbeing, whilst being fun for all those involved. We plan to expand our reach across the UK and to significantly increase our membership. Our vision is to make getting fit by doing good a mainstream activity of choice for adults. Our unique model, and digital platform, gives us the opportunity to tackle growing social issues on a national scale in a new way. Ultimately we believe our model can succeed internationally.
At this exciting time, we now seek a Chair of Trustees to help guide and support us in order to optimise our impact.
The role includes:
- Guiding our Board through the process of defining and delivering an effective and ambitious growth strategy
- Providing leadership to our Board and team, encouraging focus and commitment to delivering on our charitable purposes
- Bringing a clear, independent voice and wider perspective to provide appropriate challenge to our thinking
- Monitoring the performance of our CEO and Board, providing feedback, mentoring and support
- Ensuring that the governance of GoodGym is of the highest standard and providing intelligent guidance on regulatory, financial and legal matters
- Acting as an Ambassador for GoodGym and forging strong connections with partners, supporters and funders
Our ideal candidate
Will be a dynamic and passionate contributor with a track record of success at an executive management level and will also be an experienced Trustee, possibly already having acted as Chair. You should have a good understanding of governance within a Charity context. Your background may be in the private, public or third sector. What is more important is that you will have experience of and be motivated by leading growth at an organisational level and that you will be commercially astute, forward thinking and enthusiastic about applying your skills and knowledge to improve communities and the lives of people within them.
In addition, our ideal candidate will have:
- Passion and ambition for our cause, and the ability to inspire these in others
- Energy, dedication and the intention to commit to supporting us through our growth phase
- Excellent listening skills and a diplomatic approach to communicating with others
- Enthusiasm for engaging with and forging connections with people, be they partners, funders, supporters or beneficiaries
- Belief in everyone’s potential to succeed and a natural approach to mentoring
- Drive, to push us beyond what is easy or comfortable
- Strong integrity and values that align with our goals
- Maturity, good judgement and tenacity
If you are interested in finding out more the full recruitment pack can be found here
Applications are welcomed in the form of a detailed letter, or CV, and will be managed on behalf of GoodGym by Alison Cusiter of Hunter Adams, our recruitment advisor. All applications should be sent to email@example.com by Friday the 30th June.
Initial discussions with Alison Cusiter will take place from 3rd July and will be followed by GoodGym interviews with our trustees. Hunter Adams and GoodGym are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process. If we can support you in anyway, please do let us know.