Group Fitness Activities
Ruth has completed their 15th good deed with GoodGym
After legging it down to one of our favourite tasks at TRAID we rolled up our (GoodGym t-shirt) sleeves and cleared out the sale racks. One hour later and we had six huge boxes of clothes bulging at the seams and ready to go. Thanks for a great task TRAID and look forward to be being back again soon!
After the blur of lockdown it was back to park life on this beautiful evening as 6 GoodGymers and community helpers (incl. future GoodGym recruits - hi Zoe!) took on the overgrown beds of Luxmore gardens. With a bit of encourage mint from a little helper this down to earth group didn’t beat about the bush and got to the root of the problem quickly piling up a huge mountain of weeds. Stemming the plant takeover was hot work but after an hour’s hard graft the difference was clear. Last bud not leaf we swept up and then it was thyme to leave. A great way to do some good and have a little fern (too much?!) on a Thursday.
How lovely to be invited back to Luxmore Gardens after such a long time! We will continue the good work started by our volunteers recently. Can you help?
- Make your own way to Luxmore Gardens (see details below about finding it)
- Take direction from Mo and other volunteers, who will lead the session
- Choose a task that you feel comfortable with, do say if you would rather not do heavy work
- There will be sanitiser there, so make use of it
Finding the gardens
They are really hidden away, a true gem, what is known as a 'pocket garden'. There are two entrances, one on Malpas Road and one on Rokeby Road - you need to look carefully between the houses, but it's worth the effort!
We're excited to be able to head back inside to help at TRAID in Lewisham. They have been having a sale and need help packing away the remaining stock - can you help?
- Make your own way to the shop on Lewis Grove (opposite the market)
- Take direction from Rodrigo, who will be leading the session
- Please adhere to social distancing rules where applicable and use hand sanitiser and masks where needed
Today’s task involved rolling up our sleeves to help out at the brilliant TRAID Lewisham.
There was no skirting round the job and we got straight to work clearing the sale clothes off hangers and into boxes.
Six GoodGym volunteers set a record time, clearing the whole shop in just over an hour - speed must be in their jeans!
TRAID are an environmental charity, working to tackle problems caused by producing, consuming and disposing of clothes. Funds are raised mainly at their charity shops, where sales are held five times each year. After each sale, any left-over stock needs to packed away, this is where we come in!
- Meet at the Lewisham branch on Lewis Grove at 7pm
- Pop on masks and gloves (some will be provided, but try to bring your own)
- Take clothes off hangers
- Pack clothes in boxes or trolleys
- Pack the hangers
You will make your own way to the task. Please adhere to social distancing guidelines throughout and take direction from shop staff.
This task will make a big difference!