You know when you've been brambled!
2 GoodGymers made their way to help an isolated older person in Sheffield.
- Saturday, 6th of May 2017
2 GoodGymers interval trained nearly 4 miles across Sheffield to get to Mr B. After a technology fail meant we lost the address 3/4 into the run, a quick decision was made to double back. But luckily the Goodgym Gods blessed us with a bit of charge, plus a friendly postman lent us his pen to pop down the address, and we were back on track, arriving 1 min behind schedule.
Bright Mr B welcomed us in and showed us the task. Wild weeds had whirled their way in and wound around his garden (mainly brambles, stinging nettles and ivy).
Provided with a spade, 3 bin liners and some scissors, and using our thick gloves today we have achieved:
- pulling up and filling 2 big bin liners with garden waste, picking up and filling 1 big bin liner full of rubbish (to Mr B's dismay no gold was found unfortunately) - clearing the weeds near Mr B's house, digging the soil over - pulling up twenty-two year old tangled carpet in our time team adventure
- uncovering the garden path - Mr B had forgotten he had one
After 1 hour and 45 mins of clearing we completed our mission with a cup of coffee and a chat with Mr B before interval training our way back home, 3.2 miles this time. With another technology fail at the task, we were unable to take a full set of after photos, so we have drawn an after plan diagram instead :)
Report written by Sheffield runner
Discuss this report
Share the love
Get your mission on
What are you waiting for?Find a mission
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt