Flipping great event, and you batter believe it!
20 runners ran on a training session in Windsor and Maidenhead.
- Tuesday, 16th of February 2021
- Led by Amy Lovell
Here is your recipe for stacks of fun on pancake day during Lockdown...
- 1 pancake (lovingly prepared by Angie - well done!)
- 21 runners, each with their own frying pan (including some new faces - welcome Alice, Emma, Jason and Louise!)
- The streets of Maidenhead
- A generous sprinkling of rain
- 1 confusing looking spreadsheet
- A large helping of WhatsApp messages
- A handful of children, who are not officially part of the event, but taking supporting roles as sous chefs and cheerleaders under their parents' supervision.
- Runner uses a frying pan to carry the pancake to the next runner's home or agreed tossing location
- Runners stand at least 2 metres apart and the pancake baton is passed on by means of an epic toss and skillful catch. There must be lots of cheering and looks of amazement when the pancake actually lands in the pan.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all 21 runners have done their daily exercise, the pancake has covered an incredible 32km, its getting dark and Area Activator Amy is getting hungry...
Well it was flipping amazing and you'd batter believe it! Oh crepe...yes, we did drop the pancake a few times, but who gives a toss? Get a taste of the action and see how the event panned out in this video on our Facebook page..
Report written by Amy Lovell
Discuss this report
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt