Feathering the nest with Batman and Robin!
19 runners ran 7.7km to help the The Nest Project in Bath.
- Tuesday, 4th of February 2020
- Led by Sam Ollason
19 GoodGym runners went to The Nest project in Lower Weston to sort a small mountain of toddler clothes and accessories. We sorted the items and boxed them up. This means it will be a lot easier when families come to take the clothes at their weekly collection meetings. We ran 7.7km in total.
Welcome Sarah, Tara and Rebecca!
We welcomed three new runners to our group: Sarah, Tara and Rebecca. I hope you had fun last night and thanks for your help. I hope to see you again soon!
Before we left for our run I shared some upcoming GG events and news:
- We have a GG social at the beginning of March after the group run. Please sign up so we can book tables etc!
- At the weekend is the Dark Horse 5km/10km event that is being run by Relish Running. Several GG runners have signed up so there will be some friendly faces to enjoy a drink and hog roast with afterwards!
- We have a GG WhatsApp group which you are welcome to join
On with the task!
The Nest Project provides good quality, new and second-hand children’s clothes and equipment (age 0-5) completely free of charge. This service is available to anyone in BANES who needs it regardless of income, faith or background. They get lots of donations and it takes their staff and volunteers a long time to sort it all. Last night we organised the clothes into different categories based on age and gender. There was a huge assortment of items in there, most notably a batman outfit and a robin bib which we all thought were adorable!
It was a night that involved a great deal of team work and coordination to make sure we got everything done effectively in a small space! I was really happy how everyone clubbed together to get the job done. In just 35 minutes we filled up 18 boxes of categorised clothes!
After the task we headed to The Stable in Kingsmeade Square for a cider and pizza. Thanks to Rachel for organising - it was a great reward after a long run!
Thanks to Rachel for backmarking and thanks to Beth and her team for hosting us. We will return again in March!
Report written by Sam Ollason
Discuss this report
Bath Coordinator. I love helping people get fit and volunteer at the same time.
Runners helping out
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance