All Fir One and One Fir All
15 runners ran 6.7km to help their local community in Lewisham.
- Monday, 13th of January 2020
- Led by Emma Presley Abbott
Wowzers, what an evening! Huge kudos to every one of you who battled gale force winds to make it out for our group run this evening! A special welcome to Olivia who joined us for the first time after an excellent recommendation from her sister who runs with GoodGym in Brighton. And welcome back to Sophie who had such a lovely time last week that another group run was totally worth braving the weather for!
After a relatively chaotic bit of route planning we split into teams, with the rather biased choice between Team Run-Far with me, Team Most-Trees with Kim and Team Fingers-Crossed with John (ably assisted by Magda who is much more familiar with the local territory).
We headed outside for a not-so-warm then with the rain lashing down, we set off towards Hilly Fields to comb the local streets for rogue trees and drag them to the drop-off points at the corners of the park.
- Team Run-Far traded kilometers for trees, finding only 4 trees (one of which had been abandoned literally over the road from the drop-off point - we lucked out with that one!)
- Team Most-Trees lived up to Kim's confidence, dragging in a winning total of 9 trees
- Team Fingers-Crossed didn't get lost (hurrah!) and managed a solid 5 trees
Not quite as magnificent as last year's total of 53 trees (even accounting for this year's smaller group size - I've done the maths) but doubly as impressive given the weather!
Happy running everyone, have a good rest of the week!
Report written by Emma Presley Abbott
Discuss this report
Emma Presley Abbott
GoodGym Lewisham Run Leader
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
A choice of tasks at Chelwood Nursery School
Monday 18:45 - 20:30
Led by Kim Parker
Glass Mill Leisure Centre
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance