"RUN-GO!" (Goodgym Running Bingo)- UPDATED
A safe social running challenge for January 2021
Welcome to Goodgym Running Bingo (aka "RUN-GO!")
(A challenge inspired by the Mornington Chasers Running Club "Chase-Go" during the November lockdown 2020)
A great safe challenge running alongside the main Goodgym January mileage competition.
Winter months can be a difficult time for finding the motivation to get outside, particularly during lockdown and current restrictions. RUN-GO has been set up as a fun fitness game to keep us running/walking through January, while cheering on our fellow Goodgymmers!
HERE IS THE RUN-GO BINGO CARD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck63nmd1zu7sfk9/Goodgym%20Bingo2.jpg?dl=0
What are the rules?
During lockdown and the heightened tier restrictions in place in most of the UK, the public are still allowed to exercise safely for an unlimited amount of time, and with 1 other person from another household or from your own household.
The objective of this challenge is to tick off all of the boxes on the RUN-GO card included here during the month of January (starting on January 1st at midnight and ending January 31st midnight).
H̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶d̶d̶y̶ ̶(̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶G̶o̶o̶d̶g̶y̶m̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶)̶.̶
The original intention of this challenge was to encourage 1-to-1 running in pairs during lockdown, and to maintain social interaction where possible. However, we have decided to re-design the RUN-GO card to allow for solo runners to complete the tasks. Not all runners can pair up right now, and we would love to see you get involved!
Upload evidence of your runs to a fitness tracking program like Strava, or on social media (Instagram, Facebook etc).
Who gets prizes?
Prizes will be given to:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place participants upon completing a RUN-GO card
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place participants for most mileage covered during RUN-GO scoring runs (not total mileage during January)
- Best fancy dress prize!
- Best photographic tour guide prize!
"I ran a #notparkrun, on a Sunday, in fancy dress in one run. Does that mean I can tick off three boxes in one go?"
- Yes, you can. Be creative!
"What is the Virtual Weekly Interval Session?"
- Trainer Simon of GG Islington will be posting a weekly training session on the Goodgym website every Monday. 4 sessions in total throughout January. Complete them with your running buddy.
"What is a #notparkrun?"
- During lockdown, parkrun, the organisation who operate free weekly timed 5km time trials every Saturday morning across the UK and across the world have set up a virtual 5km option for their participants. These can be completed at any time, whether this is on a typical parkrun course or anywhere in your local neighbourhood.
Here is a link for more information about parkrun and #notparkrun: https://www.parkrun.org.uk/notparkrun/
"I don't think I would be able to complete a full RUN-GO card due to time restraints. Can I still get involved?"
- Yes, definitely! Get in contact with your local Goodgym group, and let people know what you're up to.
Any more questions, please add them below! Or contact Trainer Simon via email (email@example.com)
Date and time
00:00 - 00:00 Friday, 1st of January 2021
The Arsenal Community Hub
56 Benwell Road
N7 7BA View Map
What to look out for
Covid Test and Trace
To keep everyone safe GoodGym has signed up to the NHS test and trace service. We will pass on your contact details only if they ask for it.
The GoodGym central team will also be in contact if we are made aware that anyone attending this session tests positive in the days afterwards.
GoodGym welcomes anyone aged 18 or over. If you are under 18 then you will be unable to participate in any GoodGym activity
Make sure you've read our general guidelines for safety when running and at a task.
- Goodgym Islington Trainer - Likes long slow runs - Coach in Running Fitness - Avid screen printer
Share with friends
The Arsenal Community Hub
56 Benwell Road