Work with us to increase participation across London
We're looking for an enthusiastic Participation Coordinator
November 27, 2018
We're looking for an enthusiastic Participation Coordinator to increase participation in GoodGym activities across London with a focus on involving people who are less represented in physical activity: women, BAME communities, those with disabilities and those from lower socioeconomic groups.
If you have a passion for getting people active we'd love to hear from you.
- Developing GoodGym activities that support those less active into physical activity
- Developing launch plans for new GoodGym activities
- Overseeing project delivery including responsibility for participation targets
- Responsibility for management of London GoodGym areas
- Responsibility for collating and reporting on project outcomes
- Establishing and managing relationships with community groups
- Establishing and managing relationships with large employers
- Ensuring physical activity offer meets the needs of delivery partners
- Establishing regular runs with community partners
- Working closely with the GoodGym tech team to develop online levers to increase participation
- Identifying and training new session leaders
- Training, supporting and monitoring session leaders
- An understanding of, or interest in GoodGym and its mission (E)
- Awareness of barriers to sporting participation (D)
- An understanding of corporate employer wellbeing schemes (D)
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly over the phone (E)
- Excellent written communication skills (E)
- Ability to build strong relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds (E)
- Record management skills and attention to detail (E)
- IT literate and able to pick up new systems quickly (E)
- Contract management and reporting (D)
- Project management experience (E)
- Experience of managing relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (E)
- Experience of community development and engagement (D)
- Experience of delivering training and/or presenting to audiences (D)
- Experience of working in tech focused environment (D)
- Experience of selling or a sales role (D)
(E) = essential (D) = desirable
GoodGym aims to create a workplace team which reflects the people we support and those who participate in our activities. Applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the post, regardless of their marital status, age, gender, culture, religious belief, ethnic origin or sexual orientation. We will support you throughout the recruitment process with any reasonable adjustments required in accordance with the Equality Act. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require support.
Up to £27k depending on experience.
Location: Somerset House, Strand, London
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. We strongly recommend attending a GoodGym run prior to application/interview.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to discuss the role
The deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 14th January 2019. Interviews will be taking place shortly afterwards.
GoodGym would like to thank the London Marathon Charitable Trust for funding this post through their Strategic Partnerships Grant Programme