Work with us: Head of Operations
We're looking for someone to manage our UK operations
January 31, 2020
Head of Operations
GoodGym is seeking a Head of Operations to manage our operations across the UK and our office in London. This is a pivotal role in our senior team and your work will have significant social impact on a national scale. As our Head of Operations, you will oversee the performance and delivery of GoodGym’s highly impactful work tackling isolation and loneliness, and creating happier healthier and better connected communities.
The post will be based in central London and manage operations across the UK.
GoodGym is a multi-award winning social enterprise that connects exercise with volunteering. Across 57 cities and boroughs its members run to help isolated older people and community projects. It’s shown to reduce isolation, improve community cohesion and to improve wellbeing for all involved. It is frequently cited as a leading social innovation by the government, mainstream press and leading think tanks. GoodGym’s impact and activity continues to grow and in this role you will play an important part in increasing our impact
For more information, please visit www.goodgym.org.
The post holder will have oversight and responsibility for the management and delivery of GoodGym’s operations.
Performance of operations
- Lead the effective day-to-day running of our operations
- Ensure targets and objectives are met.
- Supervise the performance of our team
- Ensure agreed targets for coach runs and missions are met.
- Work with the Head of Partnerships to improve performance by identifying areas in need of improvement and developing solutions.
Support and manage staff team
- Line manage and lead the Older People Operations Team (4 members of staff)
- Line manage and lead the Group Runs team (2 members of staff)
- Ensuring the team is performing at it’s best through developing a culture of responsibility, measurement and accountability
- Encourage, support and maintain a productive, positive and engaged team.
- Manage the day to day operation of our office in London.
- Coordination of recruitment of new staff.
Safety and compliance
- Manage the processes by which the safety of participants is ensured including volunteer and staff recruitment, training, DBS checking and management.
- Oversee the management of safeguarding matters arising in line with GoodGym’s Safeguarding Adults policy.
- Ensure adequate processes are in place to effectively support and manage relationships with volunteers and older people.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of legislation, guidance and best practice related to GoodGym’s operations
The successful candidate should demonstrate a passion and ability for developing interventions that make real impact.
- Target-oriented with a track record of improving performance
- Significant line management experience
- Excellent communicator
- Project management experience
- Systematic and data-driven decision maker
- Excited about growth, energetic and proactive; loves getting things done
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks, with strong time management skills
- Experience of working with older and/or vulnerable adults and understanding of the issues affecting them, and the services which support them.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and safety processes
- Experience or knowledge of scaling up operations
- Experience of reviewing, developing and delivering training
- Experience of volunteer management
Why join us?
- Be part of our important mission to bring communities together and reduce loneliness and isolation. GoodGym is a scalable approach to tackling major social issues and you’ll play a central role in it
- Friendly, positive team with real purpose
- Growing organisation with national reach
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Central London location; Somerset House, free entry to many exhibitions and events
- Job title: Head of Operations
- Full time, starting April 2020
- Working from the GoodGym office at Somerset House
- 5 days (37.5 hours) per week
How to apply:
Please apply with CV and a concise, relevant cover letter in which you clearly demonstrate your understanding of our work.
Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications will close midnight 1st March 2020.
Interviews will be scheduled for the weeks following
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as an organisation. We particularly welcome applications from women and BAME applicants in order to represent the communities we operate in. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
The information collected during our recruitment process is only used for monitoring purposes to assist us in analysing the profile and make up of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check we are complying with the Equality Act 2010 and with our own Equality Opportunities and Diversity policy.