The January Challenge Extraordinary Task award
Awarding one GoodGym area for organising the most extraordinary task
February 03, 2020
GoodGym's 2020 January challenge saw a huge 8639 good deeds completed across England and Wales. This year we are introducing the January Challenge Extraordinary Task award which will recognise the amazing people who made those good deeds happen.
The award will be given to a group or individual who showed extraordinary effort in doing good in their community.
These are some examples of the types of tasks which the judges will be interested in seeing:
- A group or individual who went above and beyond to organise or make a task happen
- A group or individual who did more than they were expected to do
- A task which had a big impact on the beneficiary
- A task which enabled other good deeds or great things to happen
Submissions are open from now until midnight on Wednesday 12th February via this form
The GoodGym central team will select a shortlist of ten submissions based on the criteria above then the shortlist will be sent to our three external judges who will select a winner. The judges are:
Domino Pateman is the Senior Programmer of WOW - Women of the World and leads on programming for WOW London and global WOW festivals. Since WOW began the movement has grown, with WOW festivals in 17 cities across 5 continents, with women and girls from Kathmandu to Karachi, Baltimore to Bradford connecting, celebrating and making new solutions together.
Ruth Marvel is CEO of The Duke of Edinburgh Awards and a Trustee of GoodGym. Previously she was Director of Policy and Campaigns at Scope. During her career she has successfully campaigned for comprehensive disability discrimination legislation, the ratification of the UN Convention on disabled people’s rights, greater investment in social care, and equal access to the voting process for disabled people.
Vassos Alexander is a British sports reporter, presenter, author and endurance runner. He is currently co-host of the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Virgin Radio. Alexander hosts the Parkrun podcast, he is a motivational speaker and serves as an ambassador for the young person's charity SkillForce.
Things you should know
- Anyone can submit a task for consideration
- The task must have a run report written on the GoodGym website
- Tasks can be a group run, community mission or mission
- Areas can submit more than one task
The winner will be announced shortly after the submission deadline. Good luck!
- Check out the heroes leaderboard for January
- Find out about GoodGym in your area
- Find out how GoodGym can help you get into running. Every week we work out by helping local community projects, and run back all within 90 minutes. You can find your nearest group run here.
- If you’re new to running, take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions and answers here.