Summer of '22 Shindig
Book your place now
June 07, 2022
Every year GoodGymers get together for a weekend to celebrate our achievements and plan for the future. Over the last two years the shindig has been held online so we’re thrilled to announce that the 2022 edition will be in person once again.
This year we will be heading to YHA Youlgreave, in the Peak District, from the 12th August to 14th August.
Shindig is a weekend of finding out how GoodGym works whilst inputting your own ideas on how we could improve. We invite GoodGymers from all 59 areas to be part of this fun event. You will get to socialise with other members from different areas as well feedback on your own experiences.
In 2019 over 100 people attended Shindig to find out more about the future of GoodGym. We shared stories, discussed our goals and aims, and listened to updates from the older peoples operations and race teams.
What to expect
Shindig is two days of discussions, updates and workshops about how we can make GoodGym as good as it can be. It's organised and facilitated by the GoodGym community. If there's anything you'd like to discuss or improve it's a great way to do so. It's also a lot of fun, with running, walking, games and celebrations too.
Who's it for?
The Shindig is for everyone who wants to be involved in making GoodGym as good as it can be. Whether you've done one good deed or 500 you're welcome, new voices are important. GoodGym is friendly and welcoming so don't worry if you don't know anyone else who's going.
GoodGym Shindig aims to:
- Give all members a chance to have input into our future direction. Our business plan for the coming year is based on discussions at the event
- Learn from each other; swapping stories and sharing insight
- Celebrate everything we’ve achieved over the last year
How it works
The weekend will consist of:
- Getting to know other GoodGym runners from different areas
- Information sessions about GoodGym
- Discussion sessions (topics to be decided from suggestions via google form below)
- Organised runs, fitness sessions and activities.
- Social events and lots of fun
The road to Shindig
You must register your interest before Monday 11th July 2022, places will be allocated by July 18th. If the event is oversubscribed, places will be allocated based on getting a wide range of people from across GoodGym. Once you have been allocated a place you will then have a further week to confirm you are coming and make a donation if you choose to do so.
To register to be part of Shindig 2022, fill in the form here