February 14, 2019
GoodGym Coventry is about to launch in partnership with West Midlands Combines Authority (WMCA) and Coventry City Council It will be the 49th GoodGym area to launch in the UK
GoodGym Coventry will be led by local trainer Liz who loves to trail run and parkrun volunteer at the weekends. You can find out more about Liz and what inspires her to run here.
Each week Liz will be leading a group of runners on a short run before stopping off to support local community organisations with a physical task like planting trees, sorting food at a food bank or painting.
Our first ever group run session will be on the 19th March 2019
For our first run, we’re running to help out at Coventry Resource Centre for the Blind to help paint part of the centre, do some gardening and clearing behind the community room.
In addition to the weekly group run organised by Liz, GoodGym runners can also choose to be paired with an isolated older person and commit to a weekly social visit and/or help with one-off household tasks. The GoodGym befriending scheme has been proven to reduce loneliness and improve wellbeing.
Look forward to seeing you on the run.
Find out more about GoodGym Coventy
- GoodGym Coventry launches on 19th March at 6.15pm
- The launch event will begin at 6.00pm. The start location is: Drapers Bar and Kitchen
- GoodGym Coventy will meet every Tuesday at 6.15pm
- Find out more here about how you can run to visit an isolated older person in Coventry
- If you’re new to running, take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions and answers here.