Shindig - save the date
All the details on GoodGym's annual get-together
February 25, 2019
Every year GoodGym runners get together for a weekend to celebrate our achievements and plan for the future.
This year we are heading to YHA Ironbridge Coalportfrom the 19th July to 21st July.
Shindig is a weekend of finding out how GoodGym works whilst inputting your own ideas on how we could improve. We invite coach, mission and group runners from all 50 areas to be part of this fun event. You will get to socialise with other GoodGym members from different areas as well feedback on your own experiences.
Last year 82 people from 28 areas attended Shindig to find out more about the future of GoodGym. We shared stories, discussed our goals and aims, and listened to updates from the older peoples operations and race teams. If you are interested in finding out what Shindig was like in 2018, you can read the report here.
What to expect: Shindig is two days of discussions, updates and workshops about how we can make GoodGym as good as it can be. It's organised and facilitated by the GoodGym community. If there's anything you'd like to discuss or improve it's a great way to do so. It's also a lot of fun, with running, games and celebrations too.
Who's it for? The Shindig is for everyone who wants to be involved in making GoodGym as good as it can be. Whether you've done one run or 500 you're welcome, new runners' voices are important. GoodGym is friendly and welcoming so don't worry if you don't know anyone else who's going.
GoodGym Shindig aims to:
- Give all members a chance to have input into our future direction
- Learn from each other; swapping stories and sharing insight
- Celebrate everything we’ve achieved over the last year
- And give the winner of the January Challenge the Golden trowel
The weekend will consist of:
- Getting to know other GoodGym runners from different areas
- Information sessions about GoodGym
- Discussion sessions (topics to be decided from suggestions via google form below)
- Organised runs, fitness sessions and activities.
- Social events and lots of fun
The road to Shindig
You must register your interest before March 21st, places will be allocated by the 28th. If the event is oversubscribed, places will be allocated based on getting a wide range of people from across GoodGym. Once you have been allocated a place you will then have a further week to confirm you are coming and make a donation if you choose to do so.