Extreme Heat Warning
GoodGym best practice to keep safe during this July weekend's hot weather
July 15, 2022
The Met Office has issued an official National Emergency, Extreme Heat Warning. With temperatures set to rise in the UK from Sunday 17th July and expected to last until Tuesday 19th July, the Central Team has assessed the risk of overheating and dehydration on our sessions as presenting a high risk.
In response to this, you must:
- Only attend if the task is within walkable distance for you or if you can choose to cycle.
- Go slowly, stay hydrated and avoid overexposure to the sun.
- Only attend if you are fit and well and can cope with the heat.
- Keep informed on tips for keeping cool and national advice and do not attend any session you do not feel comfortable to attend.
- Accept your responsibility to keep yourself safe.
All Group Runs between Sunday 17th and Tuesday 19th July inclusive will be cancelled.
Community Missions can go ahead if they are in well-ventilated indoor spaces or in shaded outdoor locations.
Missions and Social Visits for older people
GoodGym will only publish indoor tasks and urgent tasks such as medicine deliveries and furniture moving to enable hospital discharge. If you choose not to attend please contact the beneficiary as soon as you make that decision.
Please agree arrangements with your coach that it is safe for both of you and consider contact by phone or video call instead.
If you are unsure about any GoodGym activity over this time, please contact your area activator directly for further guidance.