Coronavirus information for GoodGym activities
Advice for anyone attending GoodGym activities
March 16, 2020
Reviewed or updated on 26/07/21
England and Wales have restrictions in place which are impacting on GoodGym activities. Please see our full guidance for details of what activities are taking place in your area at the moment.
Below is the general status for our activities across England and Wales.
|Group sessions||Group runs are happening in all areas. In person group runs are being listed in all areas for all essential and outdoor non-essential tasks. Caps on numbers may in be place for some activities where needed to reduce the spread of infection.|
|Community missions||Community missions are happening in all areas In person community missions are being listed in all areas for all essential and outdoor non-essential tasks. Caps on numbers may in be place for some activities where needed to reduce the spread of infection. Runners are encouraged to self-log any good deed completed personally away from hosted sessions.|
|Coach runs||Coach visits can happen indoors in England and Wales We are regularly reviewing the government guidance and if these rules change, we will inform all coach runners. More detailed guidelines can be found here|
|Mission runs||Missions are focused on urgent and essential tasks. We are working with our partners to ensure that risks are minimised and that we are able to make a contribution to supporting those who are isolated and lonely. We will aim to work more closely with partners such as the British Red Cross and hospital discharge teams to safely support those who need our help. We are aiming to carry out only the most impactful tasks or those that have little to no risk of transmitting Coronavirus. We have changed our policy to allow missions to go ahead with one runner where it is appropriate and we ask that all mission runners who are entering a mission beneficiary's home wear a mask for the duration of the mission.|
Essential guidance for all participants
GoodGym runners must:
- Only attend a task or session if they are able to do so without the need for public transport - run, walk or cycle if possible.
- Not attend a task or session if they have any Covid-19 symptoms
Guidelines for when at a task:
- Tools should not be shared or should cleaned between uses where possible
- Runners should bring their own gloves suitable for the task
- Face coverings are not mandatory for GoodGym tasks taking place outdoors including in an older person’s garden. However, you should bring one to every task as there may be situations in which you need to go inside i.e. when walking through a home/building to reach a garden or outdoor space.
- Face coverings are mandatory for all tasks (except for those exempt due to a medical condition) happening indoors or for when delivering food parcels and prescriptions on missions in which you are likely to get within 2 metres of the beneficiary.
- Runners should pay particular attention to the way in and a way out of any workspace or home and take care to avoid using narrow doors, passageways and corridors simultaneously