I picked the wrong day to quit drinking...
Group Fitness Activities
Sunnier times are coming and we would love to have as many as possible join us for a friendly game of rounders- all abilities welcome. We will have a slightly earlier session beforehand so we can catch the daylight.
Everyone welcome! Outdoors so good for anyone still not sure about indoor venues.
Please bring your own snacks, drinks and or beers and nibbles and let us know if you have an allergy so we can share this with other attendees when they buy their bits! We can have a sharing picnic or you can keep to yourself, totally up to you!!
Harvey will bring along some cones and equipment for the rounders set up, just bring yourselves!
Spread the word and see you soon
The William Hobbayne Charity have developed a lovely piece of land alongside the River Brent in Hanwell, clearing the undergrowth over the past few years (helped by GoodGym Ealing) and planting trees. Tonight, we were back with shears and two kinds of rakes (yes, two!) to cut back thistles and nettles around the young trees to help them get a good start. We didn't entirely manage to avoid some nettle stings, but made a great start on the cutting back. We'll return next month to finish off the job.
Oh, and this lot made me wear a sash for my recent 300th deed (cue embarrassment!).
Tonight we'll be lending the The William Hobbayne Charity a hand maintaining land near the canal where new trees were planted a few years ago.
This task helps to protect the saplings that have been planted along the canal under the trees for cities campaign. Cutting back the overgrowth around the young trees will give them space to thrive for years to come!
As well as helping a community project you'll also get a lovely run through some green spaces and head into the evening having helped out and got some exercise too, all the good stuff!
What to bring:
- Gloves - the gardening kind if you have them!
- Water - it could be thirsty work
- Only bring what you can run with - there will NOT be a bag drop at the start
- The run will be 2 miles each way
- All paces will be catered for and we'll have a back marker
- If you only want to run one way that's cool, just let us know below in the comments below
- If running isn't your thing but you want to get involved you can meet us at the task at 7:10pm instead - Here's the address for The William Hobbayne Centre in Google Maps - Again comment below if you're meeting there