LiRF-qualified, regular Islington-er. I like running. One summer I tried to visit every GoodGym London borough - managed 18!
It’s XC time and we are officially taking part in the 🏁 Met League Cross Country, it's a monthly series of 5 races as follow:
- Saturday 16th October 2021 – Claybury
- Saturday 13th November 2021 – Welwyn Garden City
- Saturday 4th December 2021 – Uxbridge
- Saturday 15th January 2022 – Wormwood Scrubs
- Saturday 19th February 2022 – Trent Park
What is it ❓
Met League Cross Country is a set of five 7-8km races organised by London race clubs. They are held in parks around London with the routes including a mixture of grass, gravel and a little mud!
⏲️ Races are held in age groups for women and men. We take part in the Senior division.
- Women's race will start around 13:30
- Men's race will start around 14:30
Please arrived at least 20 minutes early to warm up and get your race number, also Men should arrive at the start of women race to cheers on 🔥!
This is how the scoring works 🏅
- All races are scored on a reverse scoring basis, i.e. if there are 50 athletes in a race, the first finisher shall score 50 points, the 50th finisher 1 point.
- So your time doesn't matter, it's your finishing position. But it is the taking part that we really care about!
To Take Part 🏃🏻♂️
The cost is £5 and gives you access to all 5 races in the season! You can take part in as many on the races as you like. Payment can be done on the day or via bank transfer.
In order to participate you need to be a first claim member of the GoodGym Race Team. If you need help with this contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also check your UKA Number on this page.
Second claim members can also compete for GoodGym as long as their first claim club is not competing in Met League
You are welcome to join this WhatsApp group to chat to others taking part.
Post Race 🍻
After each race, we will go to a pub to celebrate and eat some lunch. Everyone is welcome to join.
Outside of London? 🗺️
If you are from a GoodGym outside of London let us know we will help you to find somewhere to stay if you want.
Feel free to join If you just want to cheer, take photo or join us in the pub after :D
We also need to provide 1 volunteer per fixtures so if you are injured 😢 but still want to take part or you just want to help let me know 💪🏻