White-Spirited GoodGym gives Emulsional Support
24 runners ran 6.0km to help the Theatre Deli in Southwark.
- Wednesday, 6th of November 2019
- Led by Ian Gostling
Wall of Honour
- Thanks to Helena for back marking and keeping the group together.
- Big Shout to Danny & Nelly for completing their first run with us!
- Pat on the back to Jenny, Emma & Kate for their first tourist visits to Southwark
- Friday night is GoodGym Monthly Social - celebrating all things Puns, playlists and Good Deeds come join us!
- Saturday is the Cross Country League an 8km race taking place in Welwyn. All the details are on their website here
Let’s have a Recap
Last night 24 runners ran 6km in total to Theatre Deli - Old Library in Burgess Park, a charity that transforms unused spaces into creative community venues supporting local groups and emerging artists.
With many regulars and some new faces we hopped through a quick warm up and successfully managed to count all the way up to 24! We took to the back streets up to Peckham Road and sliced our way through Southampton Way with social discussions in full flow. Upon arrival we met Emma who had carefully prepared the areas which required brightening up with a bit of white paint, ready for the upcoming awards ceremonies being hosted here.
Everyone grabbed a tool and we had 20 minutes to roller the walls, paint toilet doors and cover all spots around the hall with a white winter coat. Any spilt drops of paint were quickly wiped up by the white spirit brigade! A handful of runners were treated to some squat pyramids and bear crawls while we shared out the brushes between everyone.
FACT OF THE DAY - 'Paint the town red' most likely owes its origin to a legendary night of drunkenness by the Marquis of Waterford in Melton Mowbray in 1837, who ammoungst other pranks painted a swan statue in red paint!
With the task completed we thanked Emma for having us and continued our run back through Burgess Park, along the Surrey Canal path and back to Old Spike, finishing off with fast paced footwork and a good stretch.
Next week we will be running 10km overall to Tabard Community Gardens for some weeding and digging. Bring a head torch if you have one! Bring your oyster if you would prefer to take the bus back.
See you next week Team! Wrap Up!
Report written by Ian Gostling
Discuss this report
Running, Dancing, Waving kind of guy. Lets get stuck in Team!
Runners helping out
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Get fit digging!
Wednesday 6:45pm - 8:30pm
Led by Ian Gostling
Old Spike Roastery
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance