Trashed the place...litterally!
15 runners ran to help the Love Where You Live Cardiff in Cardiff.
- Friday, 17th of January 2020
- Led by Nathan Swain
Not even an afternoon of hail and torrential rain could deter GoodGym Cardiff and Vale from completing our week of litter picks in support of Love Where You Live Cardiff. Fifteen shivering runners arrived for the now well rehearsed routine:-
- High vis - check
- Gloves - check
- Hoops with springs that simply won't go around the bag at the first/second or even third attempt - check
- Giant tweezers - check
Ready to go, the good folk dispersed around Pontcanna and Canton. The usual rubbish of cans, takeaway containers and bottles filled our bags.
Arriving back at our meeting point, we reflected that over the course of the week, we'd cleared Cardiff of over 35 bags of rubbish! A fair haul and definitely leaving our communities in a far cleaner state!
Report written by Emma Wilkins
Discuss this report
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance