TeePee? Or not Teepee?
20 GoodGymers made their way 1.9km to help the Ark T Centre in Oxford.
- Wednesday, 13th of July 2022
- Led by Anwen Greenaway
The Ark-T centre have a Summer Celebration event on Friday evening this week, so they called in the GoodGym flashmob to get the garden ready for an influx of visitors.
Armed with secateurs, brooms and paint brushes we set to work:
- Painting the wooden teepee in funky colours
- Giving the pathway a good sweep to clear it of as much sand as possible
- Trimming the willow fronds back so that they weren't at eye level (and blocking the sight line of the CCTV).
- Pruning the shrubbery so the hammock can be used.
- Litter picking (2 condom wrappers found)
- Moving decking boards so that they don't form a trip hazard
- Breaking down rotten wooden pallets
- Giving the garden a thorough watering
- Topping up the sand pit
Fun was had on the climbing frame and slide and no-one over heated while running or gardening, plus we had a full compliment of GoodGym Tshirts, with everything from Race Team Vest to 50 and 100 Good Deed milestone Tshirts, to New Balance AND Saucony versions - a successful summer evening!
Report written by Anwen Greenaway
Discuss this report
Led by Anwen Greenaway
Goodgym Coordinator for Oxford. Trail runner, often muddy.
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt