Spread a little sparkle
7 runners ran on a training session in Stockport.
- Monday, 1st of March 2021
- Led by Sian Dobson Hughes
To celebrate a Random Act of Kindness Day, runners from up and down the country signed up to join GoodGym Stockport to spread a little sparkle on their daily exercise.
We blasted that kindness EVERYWHERE!
Here's a snippet of the fun we had ...
- Delivering baked goods to doorsteps of friends and neighbours
- Rescuing and restoring an abandoned bird table to donate to a local school
- Signs of kind works displayed outside
- The Action for Happiness Mindful March calendar posted up at bus stops (check it out here: https://www.actionforhappiness.org/mindful-march)
- Beautiful blooms delivered to cheer up friends and relatives
- Offering to take out elderly relative's dogs on the daily exercise
- Plogging in the local green space
- Setting up a donated book stall for passers by
And the list of wonderful and smile provoking kindness missions go on!
In the words of Action for Happiness: 'Let's take the time to pause, breathe and really take in what's all around us. This month we're encouraging you to take some time to look within. Learning to be more mindful and aware can do wonders for our well-being in all areas of life - like the way we eat, the things we notice or our relationships. It helps us get in tune with our feelings and stops us dwelling on the past or worrying about the future - so we get more out of the day-to-day. It can also help us identify what we're grateful for, which has been proven to help boost your happiness levels!'
Report written by Sian Dobson Hughes
Discuss this report
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt