Sorry it was an axe-ciddent
5 runners ran 7.0km to help their local community in Woking.
- Wednesday, 21st of August 2019
- Led by Nicholas Frost
Goodgym Woking News:
- Looks like its going to be a scorcher this weekend ☀️ a big good luck to Adam who will be taking part in the Bristols Summer Greenman Ultra Marathon this Saturday. Adam has certainly been putting in the the hours with his training. Adam will be running 45 miles 🏃🏻♂️ starting at 8am with the distance needed to be completed within 12hrs which is also a self navigation route, not one for the faint hearted. Good luck Adam looking forward to hearing about it next week.
Last Night At Goodgym:
So this weeks task we headed back to the All Saints church in Woodham, We headed off from WWF along the canal and through the woods in Horsell Common a great little run. We got the the church and met up with Adrain who runs the church. So we had two tasks to do this evening. We had to clear all the brambles 🌿 and hedges in one corner of the grounds this are once cleared is going to be used as additional parking spaces. The other task was to sand down and paint the frame of the internal door going into one of the halls.
We split up in two teams James and Katie using their painting skills tackling the door frame while Wayne, Adam, and Mandy tackling the brambles. With the tools provided we got cracking. Cutting, digging and pulling we made light work of the brambles had to use heavy duty axe to dig up a stump but we managed it and were quite surprised how much space the brambles did cover.
Back in the hall James and Katie had sanded there frame down and where now onto painting the frame the rest of the team joined in to help and in no time we where done. Adrain was very impressed with our speed and quality of work.😃
We headed back along the canal to WWF another great Wednesday evening completed.
Next week we are heading over to the allotment so don’t forget to sign up….
Enjoy the warm bank holiday weekend everyone.☀️
Report written by Holly
Discuss this report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
#GG10 - RSPCA
Led by Nicholas Frost
RSPCA Millbrook Animal Centre
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance
Know a community organisation who needs help?
If you're a community organisation and have a physical task then we'd like to help.