Livin Gazebo Loca
9 runners ran 3.8km to help the parkview care home part of the avante care and support in Bexley.
- Monday, 9th of September 2019
- Led by Sarah Lee
- Next Monday is our long awaited post-task social. We will be heading over to the Danson Stables after our task at the Old English Gardens for a drink and bite to eat. Find out more and sign up here
- This Saturday some of us will be running at the Thamesmead 5k. You can sign up here
- We have a few Community Missions in the pipe line.
Tonight 10 runners ran to help at Parkview care home.
The change in temperature and risk of rain didn't deter the hardcore Bexley team!
We met inside Crook Log leisure centre ready for tonights task.
After a quick head count and warmup, the walkers headed off on the direct route to the task, while the runners took a slightly longer route.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by the team at Parkview who had drinks at the ready. We went through to the garden area where there were 2 gazebos which needed dismantling and packing away. After a while the walkers arrived and helped fold down the gazebos, take apart the poles and fold the tarpaulin cover to pack away.
Once both gazebos were out of sight, we went through to the 2 mini buses which needed cleaning.
It was broomin' marvelous!
With buckets, brooms and hose pipe at the ready we set to work cleaning both minibuses in our darkest task since the beginning of summer!
Both buses were sparkling clean and it was time to leave.
Great work tonight Bexley!
Until next time...
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
#GG10 - LAST VISIT TO THE OLD ENGLISH GARDENS (FOR THIS YEAR) RUN AND WALK
Led by Tim Dickson
Crook Log Leisure Centre
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Help with checking Document of runner for DBS check
Make sure that no one is left behind
Know a community organisation who needs help?
If you're a community organisation and have a physical task then we'd like to help.