It's A Wrap 🎁
8 runners ran 3.6km to help their local community in Bexley.
- Monday, 16th of December 2019
- Led by Sarah Lee
- Massive Well Done to Chris who completed his 50th Good Deed tonight! Great work! We look forward to seeing you in your black tshirt in the new year!
- We have a Community Mission on Wednesday to help collect donations alongside Santa's Sleigh. You can find out more and sign up here
- Have you heard about RED January?!? An initiative which encourages you to take part in physical activity each day in January. You can sign up and find out more here
- Did you know that there is an extra chance to parkrun on Christmas Day? Some of us will be kick starting our Christmas Day celebrations at Bexley parkrun.
- On New Years Day there is the opportunity to complete the NYDD (New Years Day Double). Bexley parkrun will be starting at the later time of 10:30am, so it is the perfect chance to run at a neighbouring parkrun before. What a brilliant way to rack up the numbers if you are looking forward to a milestone t-shirt or get on board with the first day of RED January.
- Are you using Strava to track your running? Make sure you connect to your GoodGym profile ahead of all that running we'll be doing in January.
Tonight 8 Bexley GoodGym members dodged the rain to run out to the Salvation Army on our very last group run of the year.
We planned a route heading out past the Christmas house to make the most of the festive season only to arrive at our task to find no-one there.
No room at the inn.
Thinking quick on our feet, we always have the back up plan of litter picking. Luckily the litter pickers are stored in the back of my car, so we ran back straight down Welling High Street to complete a quick litter pick around the Crook Log area.
We then headed inside to the warm where we had mince pies and a game of pass the parcel with a difference. Wearing oven gloves, the player starts unwrapping a layer whilst the next player tries to roll a double on the dice. It's not until a double is rolled that the game moves onto the next player. Chris was the lucky winner! Congrats.
Make sure to keep an eye out for Community Missions and runs going on during the break! You may even earn a new badge on your profile.
Until next year.
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Help with checking Document of runner for DBS check
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance