Don't need a lift thanks, we're walkers
3 runners ran to help their local community in York.
- Friday, 24th of April 2020
- Led by York runner
York and District Indoor Bowls Club have closed their doors for the moment and don't know yet when they'll be reopening. One of their team, Roy, was looking for a good cause to donate their surplus food stock to (many boxes of crisps and cans of drink).
In a classic piece of partnership working...
- Roy rang the York City Council who suggested he contact GoodGym.
- GoodGym HQ then asked us Yorkie who would benefit from this.
- I'd read about Carecent looking for donations to make packed lunches via the brilliant Social Vision newsletter.
- I rang Carecent who were utterly delighted to receive these donations.
Now, here's the logistical bit. Roy couldn't get the donations there himself so we set up a GoodGym relay with Lizzie and I collecting all the stock in the evening, and helping Craig load up his cargo bike to deliver to Carecent, who accept donations between 8am and 9am.
Lizzie and I were not convinced that Craig would fit the boxes on his bike and were primed and ready to bungee additional boxes onto our own bikes too, but I had provided Craig with the measurements and he was confident.
He was right to be, the boxes fitted perfectly and Carecent were super happy.
Report written by York runner
Discuss this report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt