Love helping others, Brittle Bone Disease, very determined, Marathon runner (Yorkshire, London and Paris)
Latest story featuring Charlotte
These New Balance shoes were made for walking
Reflecting on the introduction of walking groups to GoodGym
To spice things up and provide some motivation for the last couple of weeks of the GoodGym January Challenge, Team Yuki Kawauchi have a challenge for you! If you want to know more about the January Challenge just click here to see how it’s shaping up. Basically you just need to run, walk or cycle and make sure you connect your Strava account to your GoodGym profile for your mileage to count.
You have one hour to find all the following things on your run, walk or cycle. How many can you find before the timer runs out?!
How to take part:
- Set an hour timer using your watch or phone - no pausing the timer on the way!
- Using your daily exercise you can run, walk or cycle as you prefer.
- Attempt the challenge as many times as you like before 31st January but remember you should only head out once a day.
- Take a quick snap along the way to document your finds.
- Let us know how you get on in the comments below or in the Strava group
- We’ll make an awesome run report at the end of the month so share your photos with firstname.lastname@example.org to be included.
Here’s what you need to find:
- A red door
- The number 58
- A sign that says ‘good’
- Something red in a shop window
- The word ‘gym’
- A statue of a person - bonus point if you can take a photo shaking hands!
- A bridge
- A triangle shape
- A locked up bicycle
- Pay phone
- Welcome sign
- A rainbow
Did you know you can log a (not) parkrun while the events are still suspended? This is a great way to stay connected while events are still unable to run.
Go to parkrun.org to register or sign in to your profile. Just log a 5k walk or run any time this week, select the date in the bar and presto- you will see it on your parkrun profile. This links to the event page registered as your Home Run.
Remember to share with us how you get on!